Apeks’ mid-range XTX40 regulator system offers superb performance in any environment, at an ideal price.
Designed with technical divers in mind, the DST 1st stage is dry-sealed. This prevents ice build-up in the 1st stage for superior cold water performance and eliminates silt ingress, preventing contamination. When you’re diving to extreme depths, the surrounding water pressure can constrict your regulator hoses, making breathing more difficult. The DST’s over-balanced diaphragm counteracts this effect by increasing the air pressure in your hoses the deeper you go for effortless breathing performance throughout.
The DST 1st stage offers 4 low-pressure ports and 2 high-pressure, with an optional 5th port which allows you configure technical regulator setups or optimally route your hoses. The swivel head further increases the flexibility of the 1st stage ensuring you can route your hoses in a variety of ways, kink free.
The XTX40 second stage provides clear, effortless breathing thanks to it high-quality internal design.
Pneumatically balanced it’s able to deliver consistent clear airflow even when your tank is nearing empty.
Like all Apeks regulators the XTX40 comes with a Comfo-Bite mouthpiece which eliminates jaw fatigue and helps to reduce dry mouth for more comfortable breathing.
Apeks XTX40 Regulator 1st & 2nd Stage
Apeks DST 1st Stage
- Over-Balanced Diaphragm - Designed for technical diving, the DST 1st has an over-balanced diaphragm ensuring it performs flawlessly even in extremely deep water.
- Environmentally Sealed - The Apeks DST 1st stage is environmentally sealed. This prevents water getting into the regulator resulting in ice buildup or bacteria and silt ingress, ensuring flawless cold water performance and prevents your air supply being contaminated.
- Cold Water Ready - The Apeks XTX40 has been designed with technical diving in mind and can be used in sub 10*C temperatures.
- Swivel Head - The DST features a swivelling head allowing to configure your hoses optimally.
- Easy Hose Routing - The DST features 2 high pressure ports and low pressure ports that allow you to easily attach and route all of your hoses.
- 2 High Pressure Ports (7/16" UNF)
- 4 Low Pressure Ports (3/8" UNF)
- Optional 5th Port - A 5th optional port allows you to configure more complex scuba setups easily.
Apeks XTX40 2nd Stage
- Diver Changeable Exhaust - Apeks have designed their XTX range to suit you. The 2nd stage comes with two swappable exhausts. A larger exhaust offers excellent bubble clearance making it ideal for underwater photographers while the 2nd is smaller and lighter, offering improved comfort during long dives.
- Pneumatically Balanced - The XTX40 2nd stage is pneumatically balanced ensuring breathing remains effortless even when the pressure in your tank decreases.
- Venturi Control - Use the Venturi Control to prevent freeflow when at the surface.
- Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece - The Apeks XTX40 features a Comfo-bite mouthpiece. This uses a bridge that sits across your palate to support your 2nd stage reducing jaw fatigue and helps to prevent your mouth drying out.
- Large Purge Button - The large 2-stage purge button is easily accessible and allow for either a slow, controlled purge or more rapid full purge action.