The Apeks MTX-R is a true marvel of diving engineering. Building on the incredible military-grade Apex MTX, this recreation-friendly version now brings that same level of quality and technical precision to you.
Designed to thrive in the most extreme, brutally cold conditions, the MTX-R has been tested to US NEDU (Navy Experimental Dive Unit) military requirements. Unlike normal cold water regulators, it can handle waters as cold as 0.5 degrees C at 60m. Brrrr. That’s chilly.
The MTX-R 1st stage is built to withstand anything you can throw at it.
Featuring an overbalanced diaphragm design that improves breathing performance at depth, you can be sure that the MXT-R is perfect for deep diving. Ribbed heat exchangers maximise heat transfer to warm up the air temperature within your regulator for comfortable breathing while MTX-R 1st stage is also environmentally sealed preventing ice build-up and contaminants getting into the system.
The 1st stage features a swivel turret allowing you to naturally arrange your cables for simple kink-free route.
The pneumatically balanced 2nd stage gives you unparalleled breathing quality throughout your dive, no matter the conditions or how much air is left in your tank. A Heat exchanger surrounds the valve mechanism. This helps to increase the air temperature entering the 2nd stage so you can enjoy more comfortable air temperatures in frosty conditions.
Built military spec the MTX-R features large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and top, and a chrome plated brass plate front cover for ultimate durability. Like all Apeks regulators, the MTX-R comes supplied with their fantastic comfo-bite mouthpiece.
Designed to prevent dry mouth while supporting the regulator in your mouth, it features a comfortable bridge that sits across your palate preventing cold, filtered air from drying out your mouth.
Apeks MTX-R 1st & 2nd Stage Regulator
- Made For The Harshest Environments - Based on Apeks designs for the US military the MTX-R can withstand the harshest environments that any scuba diver will experience.
- NEDU Certified - While most regulators are tested using the EN250a standard that requires the regulator to descend the 50m in water temperatures between 2 and 4 degrees the MTX-R has passed the NEDU (US Navy Experimental Dive Unit) requirements. This requires the regulator descends to over 60m metres at 10m per minute at a temperature of 0.5*C. It must then be maintained at that depth for 30 minutes at a constant breathing rate of 62.5 litres per minute with inspections for freeflow every 10 minutes before ascending at 18m per minute. The MTX-R is then given a final inspection for freeflow on the surface. This brutal inspection ensures the MTX-R is able to handle the most extreme environments like few other regulators.
- Over Balanced Diaphragm Design - The MTX-R features an overbalanced design. This gives you clean, effortless breathing no matter what depth you’re at. As you descend the pressure of the air in your low pressure hose increases counteracting the effects of external water pressure impeding the flow of air in your hoses for consistent breathing throughout.
- Zero Ice Build-Up - To prevent ice build-up within the 1st stage the MTX-R features an over moulded end cap and environmentally sealed diaphragm.
- Ribbed Diaphragm Clamp & Body - The body of the 1st stage is ribbed increasing its surface area for superior heat transfer into it. This further prevents ice build-up causing free flow and increases the air temperature within the regulator for more comfortable breathing.
- Rotating Head - Rotate the MTX-R head to route your hoses optimally.
- 5 LP 2 HP Ports - The MTX-R features 5 Low Pressure Ports and 2 HP pressure ports, allowing you to install all of your dive gear and route your hoses optimally.
- Single Piece Forged Body - The single piece forged body ensures the MTX-R is nearly indestructible and allows for improved thermal performance.
- Nitrox Compatible - The MTX-R is Nitrox compatible up to 40% 02 outside of the EU. Within the EU you’ll need a m26 connection to use Nitrox with 02 above 21%
- Tuned Design - The Apex MTX-R 2nd has been optimally tuned to provide impeccable performance in any condition meaning it doesn’t need a venturi switch.
- Diver Changeable Exhaust - Apeks have designed their XTX range to suit you. The 2nd stage comes with two swappable exhausts, a larger one for improved bubble clearance and a lightweight compact exhaust to ease of use.
- Pneumatically Balanced Design - The MTX-R provides gives you consistent, effortless breathing even when you’re running low on air thanks to its pneumatically balanced design.
- Easy-use Purge Button - The purge is large and easy to use. It’s self-flushing and controllable.
- Tough Build - The MTX-R Second stage is reinforced, allowing it to withstand whatever you throw at it. The front cover features an over-moulded elastomer over a chrome plated brass plate for robust durability. Large protective elastomer bumpers on the top and sides of the regulator protect it from damage.
- Mount Your Cables Your Way - The MTX-R is reversible allowing you to mount the hoses to the right or left. Whichever you prefer.
- Comfortable Air Temperate - A heat exchanger is situated around the valve mechanism. This increases the temperature of the air entering the regulator for more comfortable breathing.
- Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece - Dive for hours in complete comfort with the Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece. It features a bridge that sits across the palate of your mouth preventing it from drying out and providing comfortable support for your 2nd stage.
- Double Swivel hose - The hose mounts swivel reducing drag on your face for improved comfort.
- Easy Servicing - The Apeks MTX-R is easy to maintain and service so you can keep enjoying it for years of dives to come.