The Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Regulator Set is designed to be used in a long hose style single cylinder equipment configuration and is useful in situations where the large gas volumes of a twin cylinder configuration are not required.
The MTX-RC is an updated version of the original MTX-R regulator which was developed to meet the incredible tough requirements of the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test.
Apeks modified the MTX-RC to include the convenience, comfort and practicality of diver adjustable inhalation effort and venturi effect.
The MTX-RC is a high performance fully balanced regulator system much like the majority of the Apeks range. It was developed for extreme cold conditions and with technical / advanced diving in mind.
The package includes:
- 2 x MTX-RC Primary second stages
- 1 x MTX-RC first stage
- 1 x 2.1m Hose
- 1 x 61cm Hose
- 1 x HP hose and TEK SPG
Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Regulator Set
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release.
- DIN, Yoke and M26 Thread available, 300bar, 232bar and M26 300bar (O2) respectively.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 metres cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O2 must use an M26 Connection.
- Protective bumpers to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
- Oversize breathing effort adjuster makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves.
- Large purge button.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for a more comfortable breathe.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Flexible nylon braided hose, which has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK.
- No single-use plastic in the packaging